If you had any doubts or misgivings about the plethora of health benefits associated with semi-frequent cycling, take a look at the edifying facts and figures shown below:
- Improved Cognition: Based on a university study conducted in 2007, cycling has been proven to stave off the detrimental effects of both Alzheimer’s disease and ADD. The unique combination of full-body exercise and forced coordination encourages healthy brain waves and stimulated neural activity.
- Augmented Recovery from Injuries: The low-impact nature of cycling animates your body’s natural restorative properties without negatively impacting your tendons, joints, or ligaments, which makes this particular form of exercise somewhat similar to swimming. As a result, you can positively affect chronic knee pain, osteoarthritis, and other musculoskeletal maladies simply by pedalling a few times per week.
- Enhanced Heart Health: According to a recent Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise study conducted amongst 1,500 test subjects over a five-year period, cycling is able to reduce your risk of developing high blood pressure by more than 31%.
Joining in on the Fun
As you might imagine by now, cycling is quickly becoming one of the foremost ways to engage in routine exercise without over-straining yourself or aggravating bodily pains, which is why upwards of 42% of Britons now own personal bicycles, marking a 13% rise from just five years ago.
But as we all know, it’s important to establish a desirable jumping-off point for a new cycling regimen, especially if you’ve avoided the activity for some time and don’t know exactly where to begin. Fortunately, you can easily weave this ultra-healthy form of exercise into your next vacation simply by engaging in a nature-based cycling holiday in Europe.
The remainder of this brief article will show you how to do just that.
Reach Out to a Reputable Holiday Cycling Organisation
Regardless of your experience or fitness level, you’ll want to find a firm that specialises in organising comprehensive cycling holidays in and around Europe. With this notion in mind, you’ll want to seek out a firm that has many years of experience with facilitating inclusive cycling excursions:
- Robust itineraries in a myriad of European hotspots such as Scotland, Sweden, Germany, Croatia, Italy, and Greece, just to name a few
- Seven-day trips that include stays at renowned four-star hotels each night
- An experienced tour guide who leads you through popular routes
- Integrated sightseeing tours in popular museums, historic sites, shopping centres, and other points of interest
- Modernised racing jerseys, cycling gear, and information kits included within your holiday fee
- Instructive tour descriptions located directly on the organisation’s website to help you choose the ideal cycling trek for your group
- Easy online booking and reservation platform
- Alternative holiday options available, such as boating tours, e-bike expeditions, and even various sporting holiday options
Establishing a friendly relationship with a distinguished holiday cycling company is surely the best way to take your next vacation to the next level without tearing a hole through your wallet along the way. Get started on your research as soon as possible!