Malaysia’s tourism industry has experienced an incredible boom over the past several years, as evidenced by the fact that more than 26 million international jet-setters visited the nation during the past year alone. Such a number marks a significant increase to the 17 million visitors reported in 2006.
This considerable upturn in touristic activity shouldn’t take anyone by surprise. Malaysia is teeming with historically significant sites, eye-popping infrastructure, unflappable diversity, and an impressive assortment of events and attractions available on a year-round basis. As the country features an inimitable blend of traditionalism and modernity, enthusiastic vacationers from the world over are flocking to Malaysia’s capital city, Kuala Lumpur, to experience all that this breathtaking nation has to offer.
So if you’d like to join the fun, keep reading this brief exposé to find out more about Kuala Lumpur accommodation options as well as how to craft a viable itinerary before your departure date rolls around.
Establishing an Itinerary
Before you begin vetting the local lodging options, it’s important to create a feasible programme for your travel group, especially if you wish to see all of the most popular sights and sites before your vacation comes to a close. So if you’ve never ventured to Malaysia before, feel free to refer to the checklist below as you start researching the indigenous hotspots:
- Malacca City: From the Jonker Street night market and Cheng Hoon Teng Temple to the Kampung Kling Mosque and a host of other enriching locations, a trip to Malaysia wouldn’t be complete without an extensive romp in one the country’s liveliest cities, Malacca.
- Petronas Twin Towers: Built in 1998, these world-famous towers were once the tallest buildings on Earth. Even though they were surpassed by the Taipei Tower in 2004, these gigantic creations still hold the same grandeur and opulence embodied by Malaysia’s unique infrastructure.
- The Golden Triangle: Situated in the heart of KL, you’ll find The Golden Triangle, which stretches across a few of the city’s most popular streets, and features some of the most amazing eateries, nightclubs, and street vendors in the entire country.
Picking the Perfect Accommodation
As there are many different hotels, motels, and cottages from which to choose in Malaysia, it’s important for you to exercise caution during your research by adhering to – you guessed it – another checklist! In this regard, the best-rated Malaysian hotels tend to feature the following aspects:
- Lavish Suites: From the expansive king-size beds and magnificent bathroom facilities to the modernised flat-screen televisions and complimentary in-room refreshments, you’ll truly feel like a king or queen as you gaze upon the beautiful Malaysian cityscape.
- Inclusive Amenities: Regardless of whether you wish to engorge yourself on a delicious breakfast at the onsite Coffee House or sip wine in the Club Lounge, you’ll have access to an incredible assortment of services and amenities, all of which are within arm’s reach.
- Special Offers: From family packages and mall coupons to buffet tickets and direct booking discounts, the most renowned Malaysian hotels will go out of their way to ensure that your stay is as cost-effective as possible.