As in offline world, online entrepreneurship needs places to start with. These could be office spaces to manage all the entrepreneurship operation, or spaces to directly offer the product(s) or service(s). While entrepreneurship in the offline world needs physical spaces, online entrepreneurship or online entrepreneurship needs spaces in ‘virtual’ senses. It means that physically, it can be anywhere in the world in digital format.
Unlike offline world of entrepreneurship, however, spaces for internet entrepreneurship operation is not considered as premium asset, as it can be easily obtained, managed and moved to wherever places available in the internet. But then comes operational risks every online entrepreneur wants to avoid: spaces gone, spaces crashed, spaces taken over without prior notice…
The most online entrepreneur in the internet rent spaces for small amount of money monthly or yearly. Usually, servers where these spaces take place, own by big companies which are willing to invest big money and technology.
The most common problem with this rental approach is that hosting companies, the ones that manage the servers, are not born equal. Some of them are good while the others are just chasing quick money.
Since the existence of online entrepreneur activity in the internet depend heavily on the reliability of servers hosting them, it is mandatory to all successful online online entrepreneurship wannabes to not ignore hosting as its critical success factor.
While it is difficult to find best hosting company that can be trusted to support your online entrepreneurship, it is highly recommended to follow these simple guidance in choosing web hosting company to support you:
1. Search the internet for hosting review and comparison.
2. Visit each hosting company listed and look for chat button. Consider this 24/7 chat online service as good and try to chat with them about any topic around hosting. Rate their responses.
3. Calculate your need for spaces (this will be equal to the size of your digital materials in byte measurement), and match with spaces offered. Be aware that while nowadays many companies offer unlimited hosting space, this will always be limited by the size of servers they own and operate.
4. Study and evaluate your requirement first! While most hosting companies offer standard installation of scripts and database needed by most internet business, many are still negligence not to provide once. Always match hosting capabilities with your requirement!
5. Don’t put all your eggs into a single basket! Your internet presence will need more than just a single website. Consider to put each website in a single hosting space to avoid one for all fatalities.
Your internet entrepreneurship success depends on your internet presentation. It is absolutely impossible to obtain it without a reliable hosting. While you can use guidance listed above, it is still recommended to seek professional advice as it will be affecting the success or failure of your internet business endeavor.